Saturday, March 13, 2010

Refocusing

My behaviour is often punctuated with binges. I think it's just that I'm easily excited. Or maybe I really like getting black-out-drunk. The last week has been one such binge.

It is 6:00 Sunday morning. I'm sitting alone in an upscale Viennese hotel room. My uncle left for the airport about an hour ago. And I wasn't able to fall back asleep. I'm drinking [cup after cup of] coffee and trying [successfully] to get an early start on the day. If this were North America, the clocks would have changed and I would be at an even bigger disadvantage [suckers].

As I mentioned earlier, it was phenomenal to have family visit. When you live in a part of the world that is so different from anything you had been acquainted with prior, it's nice to have your friends and family come see what you are going through; because words so often fail to convey an accurate depiction, to the chagrin of this blog. I'm also not that pumped to leave this here civilized world and return to the err, less-developed, Bratislava, in a few hours.

We had a great time over the course of the last 9 days, touring around Hungary, Czech Republic, Austria, and of course my darling Slovakia. But now, my strýčko (Slovak for uncle, d'uh) had his early morning departure behind him; and I have a mini-bar's worth of amenities beside my laptop. I'm trying to get back in the game.

Owning my own business has allowed me some great flexibility. The age of connectivity that we find ourselves in has allowed me to easily keep a pulse on things, without too much stress. It's still my business though, and I feel bad for having not given it my utmost attention, but maybe I needed the break to realize that. I'm stoked to get to to the office tomorrow and start actively hustling again. I'm hungry to earn.

So as one week of bingeing wraps up, another, entirely different one, begins. And through it all, maybe a twisted form of moderation will emerge, keeping me from self-destructing for at least a little while longer.

Happy Sunday

No comments:

Post a Comment