Monday, January 25, 2010

Alignment

I haven't blogged for awhile because I've been busy. It's the weekend now though, and while my schedule is still packed tighter than the cotton at the top of a bottle of Advil Cold and Sinus I have managed to find a way to breathe clearly, so to speak. I have been busy with work, the story goes. I'm trying hard to be awesome at it. Every week I'm making progress, I should do well if I can keep that up.

Recently, I've realized that to be awesome at work, I have to be awesome at a bunch of other things.

You see it's not JUST about working hard. It's about being awesome in the most encompassing of manners. It's about ironing my clothes on the weekend so that I look sharp all week. It means buying healthy groceries and preparing food properly so that I can sustain myself in a healthy manner. It demands exercising and trying to sleep right (the latter being a major challenge for me, generally speaking). To be truly great (whatever that means) I don't think you can be good at just one thing. I think life needs to become a sort of positive feedback machine, where everything you do makes up a framework that allows you to best accomplish your goals, whatever they may be. It's about creating a successful lifestyle. It's about alignment. It's why I believe that Gary Johnson is the most compelling candidates for Presidential Election (honestly watch the first 2 minutes and tell me you don't think the same, the guy exudes character and integrity). And it's because everything he does is underscored by awesomeness. By ambition, passion and solid logic.

Now to write another blog post for the middle of the week when I don't have time to write; all to appear awesome at writing, of course.

1 comment:

  1. Other than the slight cockiness he showcases, he seems like a fine man.

    ReplyDelete