Monday, October 5, 2009

A Moment?

It's not like I'm pining to whine. I just had a headache today that was wildly painful. I never get headaches so it was interesting, I guess. I haven't felt 100% the last few days. Even with the uber lame and tame weekend I had.

That was more remark than complaint, really.

Here's another bitter remark disguised by an observation. My Facebook newsfeed has been inundated with all of this Farmville and Mafia Wars noise. I don't care about how many cyber-hits you have or what kind of internet-corn you can plant. I'm an equal opportunity hater when it comes to this shit. Anyways, it's not that I value the integrity of my newsfeed -you should see the rubbish that pours through that thing- but it's the principle I'm getting at here.

**"Ah, another principle argument, those are always fun." The audience sarcastically laments**

A particular incident irked one of my more sensitive nerves, just a moment ago. "Kendra," the obnoxious, poly-coloured announcement would have it, had helped out 5 neighbouring farms by lending them lentils or some other agro-dodgery ploy. The point is, if it were real life would this Kendra character be out helping her neighbours? No. She'd be procrastinating on dumb shit like social-farm-working, whatever that is.

It's like when I briefly explored "The Sims." My Sim never played computer games. Instead, he worked out, read books, took cooking classes and got with the hoes in his neighbourhood. I had to invest a lot of my time at the computer. The equivalent to the one my awesome Sim never touched.

When I started to feel that real-life me, was paling in comparison to the geniality of my virtual pet project, I decided to reduce my screen time.

UPDATE: Kendra just hit the big time by upgrading to a Big Family Farm in FarmVille!

1 comment: