Saturday, February 21, 2009

Weekend Flexibility

Happy Saturday.

I'm heading back to school tomorrow after enjoying a relaxing time at home. My travel plans aren't set in stone. Train tickets are transferable. I don't know if I want to deal with Sunday, and the inundation of kids that will surely saturate my preferred method of travel, as reading week draws to a close. I might leave early tonight or Monday morning to avoid the throngs.

With the end of reading week, comes the end of the school year. I only have 8 weeks of University left, including exams. The next two months are going to fly by...

I'm currently enjoying the Stocktwits brunch (Stocktwits.com every Saturday morning at 10am). It's a great forum of ideas and sharing and is really helping me find interesting stocks that are ready to move. It's really cool to find these online communities full of people that are skilled at what they do and are willing to help teach. Today's take home lesson from brunch has to do with flexibility. It's impossible to know exactly where the market will be at the end of next week. That shouldn't matter, however.

I'm learning to profit no matter what the market does. It's about being flexible and objective. It's about looking at all of the signs and trying to figure out what you are going to do given a breakout, a breakdown, or even worse, a boring consolidation day.

I traded a little less this week but I think I can do better. I'm almost done reading "A Random Walk Down Wallstreet." It has been really helpful and reminded me to always be skeptic, and cautious. It also has some really solid practicaly advice for getting rich slowly. I've concurrently also started reading "Outliers" by Malcolm Gladwell. Pretty sweet so far.

Enjoy the fin de semaine!

No comments:

Post a Comment