Monday, February 16, 2009

The Worthy Life

I feel like the first blog post should be this legendary piece of writing. One that proclaims the need for observers to read my opinions and musings, for their personal and professional development, of course. Unfortunately for you and me, I don't know yet that my comments on the world in which I take part will benefit anyone. I hope to have fun writing about them though.

I'm in an interesting stage in my life. I can't help but feel pending tumultuous change as I prepare to leave the academic world, which until this point, is pretty much all I know. I'm excited. I don't know where the future will take me but I have some goals and I'm pumped to see how they play out. More and more I think about how cool it is that in this world we can do anything we want. The only limits are the ones we impose on ourselves. Not to get too philosophical and shit.

I have something of a plan. I'm desperately looking for employment, as the world economy collapses around me. Great timing. It's cool though, I know that when I get hired I will have to add value and profit to the organization that takes me in. Otherwise they will find someone who does. I would like to leverage my people skills and business savy with an undergraduate science degree, ideally. I want to go back to school in a few years to pursue a law and/or business degree. That's obviously open to change though. I want to have fun and pursue my interests, which are of course open to change.

I'm going to [try to] write [regularly] about what I do, how I feel about things I experience and anything else interesting that I might find myself fortunate enough to take part in. I'll focus a bit on finance and the stock market because that's something that curently interests me quite a bit.

It being my first post and all I'm going to throw it up instead of editing and re-writing for the next 4 hours because of the pressure. Hopefully we can grow and learn together. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment