Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Tuesday is the Worst Day

Here's a medley of thoughts and ideas hopefully of at least a little insight.

Hands-Down, Tuesday is the worst day of the week, according to me. Who likes to be between 20 and 40% done anything? Please forward me your tricks for feeling motivated after the initial excitement has died down and the light at the end of the tunnel is still well beyond outstretched fingertips. Seriously, I would love them.

Over the weekend I was vacuuming and cooking at the same time. I was waiting for water to boil and needed to pass the Hoover. In second year Organic Chemistry, Professor David Zechel finally made the lesson stick "Always ask, 'what's the rate determining step?'" With that in mind, I took care of the living room in short order and added my pasta promptly thereafter.

I acquired the iPhone Sleep Cycle app. Based on your movements while you sleep it wakes you up at the lightest point of your snooze within a half-hour window. Today was good but I'll report back after a more legitimate number of sample wakes.

Unfortunately as I munched my fresh dish (while the pot soaked d'uh) my appetite was lost. Bear Grills Ultimate Survivor bug meals that were airing on the Discovery Channel quelled my desire to consume immediately. He mentioned though that bugs provided, pound for pound, by far the best source of protein. It got me thinking, there must be a way to eat bugs that are delicious and not gross. The closer to chicken in every way, the better. I think the biggest thing, for me, would be that they didn't look like bugs. I would want them prepared in burritos, spreads, dips, stir fry and curry.

Aside from upscale bug cuisine making a mockery of global food shortages and world hunger, I don't have too much to say. I mean, there is some really annoying construction that significantly perturbs my commute to work, but that shit is everywhere when you think about it.

I'm going to read a book.

No comments:

Post a Comment