Wednesday, April 28, 2010

What Do You REALLY Want?

It's another obvious blog post. But I can't help it, the common sense is just flowing out of me these days.

Today, we'll address the "what do you want?" questions. This seems extra timely because of all my friends who are finally finishing up at University, and don't have a clue what the next step is. I know what my own next step is, and I know where I want to be a few steps after that. This is a recent development though. I've only just taken my future into my own hands by visualizing exactly what I want and planning how to get it.

I want to focus on the first part of that previous sentence: Visualize what you want. This is goal setting 101. This is the fun part. I think people just forget to do it. That or they are afraid to realize what they are capable of. Take a minute, and think. What do you want a year from now? I mean, where exactly do you want to be? Who will be with you? Imagine. What will you be doing? What is making you happy? WHY is that making you happy? Be lavish in your daydreams, and always be sure to answer that "why?" Write down what you're after. We can develop the plans to reach your goal later. Today's lessons is about thinking big and accurately. It's about understanding that success happens by design, and never by default.

It's like this: Imagine you'll be traveling. Pick a destination. Enthrall yourself with a mental model and get delighted about the splendors you'll enjoy after your arrival. We'll plan how to get there soon. Today, I just want you to get infatuated with the destination.

No comments:

Post a Comment