Monday, March 2, 2009

Magic Monday Mornings

I'm having a great Monday morning. I'm going to roll to the library soon.

I'm starting to like the idea of starting my week Sunday night. It makes sense for me, I'll explain.

The stock market is pretty quiet over the weekend. Sunday night however, I can start getting ready for Monday morning, when the market opens. I like the stock market a lot so I usually find myself interested or even excited to start looking at charts again. It's also important to note that I don't ignore the stock markets on the weekend, just relative to the week.

This model of reality is deemed efficient for me at this time for another reason. I don't have class Monday morning. In fact I don't have class today until 2:30pm, bitches. This is rare for me, in fact an all time first. Just last semester my Monday morning was marked with an 8:30am class. The point is, I can now sleep in. I don't like sleeping that much to begin with so I use the term pretty liberally, meaning about 9:30am. By the time I get up, caffeinate, read the pre-market news and generally get my life together, the market has already been open for an hour! This would sound like a bad thing, to the naive market enthusiast. It's great for me, however. The first hour of the market is the dangerous one. Most of the time it doesn't even matter, chasing the trend just leads to knee jerk reactions and lost money. If I have an open [swing] trade, I have a plan for it. Ignoring the short term fluctuations by adjusting my schedule usually keeps me level headed and ready to take on the Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment