Saturday, May 9, 2009

Connectivity

It turns out I WAS jet-lagged.

The original plan was not to go out yesterday night. As 11:00pm rolled around that plan was quickly aborted, however. We went to a few bars and had a few drinks. The local beer, as it turns out is 12%. Ironically, that made a few things more clear to me in regards to my condition the previous night. It's important to note however, that this is not some dirty malt liquor found in the depths of Hull Depaneurs. Somehow it is delicious. I also learned that Budweiser is actually originally a Czech beer. Interesting, Europe is doing a few things right.

I had some trouble falling asleep but had more trouble waking up. I finally dragged myself out of bed and am going to try some adventures today, hopefully I will have more to report later when I return from the real world.

The real reason for this post though, is that the internet is making this transitions way more manageable. It's still pretty tough for the obvious reasons but between Facebook, Google Maps, Twitter and the ability to read all kinds of news I am getting by a little better.

Crossing my fingers that this wireless doesn't suddenly crash!

No comments:

Post a Comment