Monday, May 11, 2009

Independence Day

Another beautiful day in Bratislava. I feel like I'm on vacation, that's probably because I'm not working yet.

I thought today might be tough, sitting alone at home all day while the rest of the world worked. Luckily I managed to keep myself busy running all over town doing things that would not be impressive at all if I were in Canada.

My grocery store expedition went very well, until the cashier started asking me questions.

I spent the rest of the day taking busses and wandering around the old city centre, perpetually getting lost and then found again. I even managed to get a cell phone. I had to show my passport though, and the clerk promptly joined me in cursing out the Ruskys.

Other than that the day was pretty uneventful. I'm starting to feel more independent and able, which is nice, and hopefully a relief for my flatmate Sarp.

The only other thing of note, or sliver of insight I may have glimpsed was when I went to Tesco. It's a giant store with the one stop shopping factor of Wal-Mart but is not limited to such bottom dollar inventory. As a foreigner, it was mad convenient to only have to go to one store and be able to find suits to pumas to coffee to speakers. Not that I bought all of those things, but, once I start stacking some Euros...

I am getting more excited to start work.

No comments:

Post a Comment